You have no items in your shopping cart.
Quest Protein Soft Pretzel
- 3 cups Quest® Multi-Purpose Mix Protein Powder
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Brown Rice Powder/Flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 21⁄2 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- Pretzel salt, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together applesauce, almond milk, egg whites, and butter. Set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together psyllium husks and dry yeast. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Quest Protein Powder®, Brown Rice Powder/Flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add psyllium husks and yeast to wet ingredients. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add the large bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until fully combined.
- Cover with a hand towel and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove pretzel dough from refrigerator and separate into 24 equal balls.
- On a flat surface, form each ball into a pretzel shape.
- If dough becomes sticky, sprinkle Brown Rice Powder/Flour on dough and rolling surface, and shape pretzels.
- In a small bowl, mix egg yolk and almond milk.
- Using a brush, lightly coat each pretzel with egg wash.
- Sprinkle pretzel salt evenly over pretzels.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pretzels on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and serve.