Kodiak Protein Pizza Crust
3 Cups Kodiak Cakes® Flapjack Mix, 13 ounces
3/4 teaspoon Sea salt
2 teaspoons Instant yeast
1 Tablespoon Honey
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3/4 Cup Warm water, adjust amount as needed
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Kodiak Cakes flapjack mix, salt, and yeast and stir thoroughly.
2. Ensure the water is warm, approximately 100 – 110 degree. Stir the water into the flour mixture with a large wooden spoon until combined. Incorporate the olive oil and the honey into the dough.
3. Begin kneading the dough either on a clean counter or within the mixing bowl. If the dough is too sticky and hard to remove from your fingers, gradually incorporate more Kodiak Cakes flapjack mix. If the dough is too dry and crumbly, gradually add more water until the dough is just slightly moist and sticky like a post-it note.
4. Knead the dough with your hands for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Leave the dough in a ball at the bottom of the mixing bowl and tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit and rise for approximately 60-90 minutes, or until it has about doubled in size.
6. Divide the dough into two equally-sized portions and knead each portion into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and allow them to rest for about 10 minutes.
7. Prepare a pizza peel or the backside of a cookie sheet by lightly covering with a thin layer of flour or semolina flour to prevent sticking.
8. Roll out one ball of dough on the prepared surface into the desired diameter and thickness of your pizza crust. Top the pizza and bake. Then roll out the second dough ball into a round and top and bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes