Vegan Protein Waffles
*Makes 6 waffles
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (or flour substitute of choice)
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 scoops Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ (chocolate was used here)
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup cane or coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda pinch of sea salt
- 2 ¼ cups chocolate hazelnut or almond milk
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup melted (or liquid) coconut oil
- Heat waffle iron.
- Mix together flour, corn starch, fermented vegan proteins+, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a whisk in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine non-dairy milk, vinegar, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Spray waffle iron with oil and cook waffles according to your waffle iron directions.
- Serve with coconut whip, maple syrup and fresh berries if desired.